Saturday 30 December 2017

Outlook Inbox

So the first thing that I learned to do with Outlook was to open up by mailbox and loop through the messages (received after a certain time). For each message you can look at the body or who sent it etc. but in this case I am looking for attachment(s) and saving them if they are found. I use code similar to that found below for a significant amount of the automation I have achieved at work for 2 things.


  1. Picking up an attachment that comes through every day as a CSV that needs to be loaded. 
  2. Opening up the body of an e-mail which is a link to a download. I then process the downloaded file but that's another matter altogether. 


The code:


2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I am creating a program in pywinauto for getting time for sending an email. I opened the outlook then create a new email then add to, from and body and click send. Now from send mail till the email sent, i want to calculate the time, but not getting the correct one. Can you please help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please send the code for the below two points:

    Picking up an attachment that comes through every day as a CSV that needs to be loaded.
    Opening up the body of an e-mail which is a link to a download. I then process the downloaded file but that's another matter altogether.

    ReplyDelete