Tuesday 16 January 2018

Machine Learning and Drug Discovery

At the moment I am working on a project to show some of what selenium can do. To be honest not something I have worked with before and my knowledge of HTML etc. is a good 10 years old so taking a while to get into it. I can open a webpage and I have managed to copy a table, just working out how to format that table! 

Drug Discovery:

Given my experience working in cancer research and related areas I was looking for some interesting articles on machine learning and found one entitled: 

Machine learning leads to breakthrough in drug discovery

Of course this immediately piqued my interested and I had a quick look. 

And this led me to: 


It is very clever work and I cannot see a published article so there is not really much to go on at this point, but if they are really predicting interactions with a 99% success rate then that is an amazing achievement and is just another example that show the potential of machine learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment