Wednesday 14 February 2018

Cataloguing images with text based using python

So this was a project I thought up yesterday and due to the magic of python I have a very basic implementation set up now. Still many enhancements before I have anything resembling an actual useful product. Below is a data flow / process diagram to show the basics of the process.

I would love to get a process in place whereby I take a photo, for example of some post or a letter from my daughters school and it automatically gets downloaded into a specific folder. My process would then pick up any new pictures in this folder and process them as per the above. Ideally I would then go a step further and create a database that stores some of the relevant meta-data that then makes the photo's searchable. Of course if I learnt tk-inter I could then build a front-end on top of this. 

The code:


No comments:

Post a Comment