Friday 19 January 2018

Automating blogger with python

So I have been thinking about what I could automate that I do and I was thinking of creating a blog that was entirely automated, basically to prove that I could. Of course in order to automate the content I need to have something that is constantly updating as my subject matter, therefore I am going to use Twitter as my data source. The reason for this is that I already have some code that can use to my starting point for collecting the data. 

At this point the subject is not important but I will probably go with Low-Carb as I have an old blog that I started for this but never really got into. So the next step is posting to blogger. After that I need to look into completely automating the running of the script. This post however if how to post to blogger from python, again I have an amazing post on stack-overflow to thank for the code and full credit to them and the post on stack-overflow. 

output from running the script below

I will add that you do need to go to the Google Console and set up the blogger v3 api to allow permission to post this and then connect to the json file in the script. Note that there are additional bits in this code that will be removed when actually creating the end product. 


The code:




No comments:

Post a Comment